Saturday, March 26

Agnes' Song

How is it over there?

How lonely is it?

Is it still glowing red at sunset?

Are the birds still singing on the way to the forest?

Can you receive the letter I dared not send?

Can I convey the confession I dared not make?

Will time pass and roses fade?


Now it's time to say goodbye

Like the wind that lingers and then goes, just like shadows

To promises that never came, to the love sealed till the end

To the grass kissing my weary ankles

And to the tiny footsteps following me


It's time to say goodbye

Now as darkness falls

Will a candle be lit again?

Here I pray nobody shall cry and for you to know how deeply I loved you

The long wait in the middle of a hot summer day


An old path resembling my father's face

Even the lonesome wild flower shyly turning away

How deeply I loved

How my heart fluttered at hearing your faint song

I bless you


Before crossing the black river

With my soul's last breath

I am beginning to dream a bright sunny morning

again I awake, blinded by the light

and meet you standing by me.

"Poetry," dir. Lee Chang-dong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home