Saturday, October 16

chinese migrants workers

The Parents: "We were so eager to leave home sixteen years ago. We wanted to get on the train and go...
...find a good job and make money. We were very poor when we left home in the 90's. On the day we left, my mom held my baby. Qin was only a year old. I was crying when I left. I didn't want to leave her but I had no choice. The last time I held Qin was at my mother's place. They all said I should stay home until Qin grew a little older. I didn't say a word. I hardened my heart and left with my husband. I had no choice. That's life. Every time I received a letter form home, I would cry. I always cried. Every time I received a letter from my father I would cry and I couldn't eat anything. I would have to eat before reading a letter from home. Otherwise I couldn't eat anything."

Qin: "A good friend of mine worked here. She told me that the factory was recruiting and asked me to come. I thought it would be good to work in a factory, but after coming, I couldn't really get used to anything here. And other than her, I have no friends...
...is life good here? For us, after all, freedom is happiness."

Last Train Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home